Dear Helmet Head,
#Tweet Your 16-Year Old Self
There is so much I want to tell you, warn you about, but these are what came to mind first.
- Real friends don’t put you down or talk behind your back, no matter what. You know who your real friends are, so stop hanging on to those three that are bad for you.
- No matter what she says, you CAN get into college without your parents support. Don’t be ashamed, talked to a guidance counselor. Don’t let your grades and SAT scores go to waste. They will help you figure out a way to make it happen.
- Talk to D’s parents about stuff going on and things you need help with, they are your 2nd home and they have your best interest at heart. They will keep you moving in the right direction.
- Stick close to J. You’ve been friends since K and you will regret drifting away senior year because she passes that following Fall and you never forgive yourself for the space you put between you.
- It’s okay to like school and be a “geek”. Stop caring so much about what everyone else thinks.
- You are not fat. It’s ok to have a butt and boobs and that’s why your clothes fit different.
- Your best friend has a crush on you. That thing they say about boys teasing is true. Rock your haircut and fuck everyone else.
Stop by at Chibi Jeebs place and play along. I had fun reading everyone’s tweets and thought I would link up.